Hei, we are writing in preparation of your project / event at Akademirommet.
Hereby we include a link to the Akademirommet manual, the locker inventory list and a floor map: www.akademirommet.khio.no/yours
In addition we are happy to assist you in practical as well as organisational matters. You can
find our contacts at the end of the document.
COMMUNICATION – We need your press release 4 weeks prior to the event
Please send us the following:
1) Title; participants; dates and hours open, opening date and time.
2) A short text: a quote, a poem, a short writing (this part is optional)
3) A project description, describing the idea and the range of practices and elements the
project / event consists of (installation, performance, group sculpture exhibition, collective,
etc.); it can also include additional background information (e.g. the starting point of an idea)
4) Participants names and their affiliation with KHIO as well as a short artist bios. Include web
links if you want.
5) A supporting image. Will be published together with the press release at the
Akademirommet web page, KHiO web, Kunstnernes Hus web, the U.F.O. guide as well as in
the facebook invitation.
6) A Scandinavian language summary of the press release ready for khio.no.
PREPARING YOUR EXHIBITION AT THE SPACE
The Space & keys
• Check Akademirommet website for floor plan and measurements.
• Free standing wall: approx. 244cm x 366cm x 48cm.
• Keys: Contact Tim Høibjerg to get a pair of keys. WE ONLY HAVE ONE SET OF KEYS SO REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU HAVE THE KEYS YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM AND FOR THE ENTRANCE TO THE MUSEUM AND THE FKDS ATELIER SPACES.
Maintenance of the Space
• Locker is on the 1st floor
• Check the lockers that not anything is missing, if anything is missing contact Ina
• Key for the locker is the same key as for the room.
• Please let the space shine after your exhibition, and replace all the tools
• Remove nails, screws … fill holes
• Check walls, see info concerning paint below
• Clean floor
• Keep lockers in order and sign the lockers list when handing over the key
• Ceiling and walls: Jotun Proff PVA Interiør, vegg silkematt hvit-base. Four 10-liter buckets
covers 2 coats on the ceiling.
• Radiators: Jotun Lady Supreme Finish matt tre & panel, hvit-base vanntynnet oljemaling.
Two 0.68-liter cans covered both radiators with two coats.
• Stairs: Trestjerner Gulvmaling vanntynnet oljemaling “Shadow” 9932 / S5500-N. One 3- liter
can covered the stairs with 2 coats.
• All can be purchased at Billakkspesialisten A/S St Hanshaugens Fargehandel.
AT THE OPENING
– Put up the signs and candles (buy at Rema 1000) next to Kunstnernes Hus (ask us if in
doubt where to put them)
– Prepare refreshments
– Open doors
– After the opening, the doors between Akademirommet and Kunstnernes Hus should be
closed with the key by 22.50pm (at the latest!) or the fire alarm will break in case the door
opens after 11pm! Therefore all events must close at 10pm
– Enjoy the show!
– After the opening, please share your own documentation with Tim (who will be responsible
for some basic photos of the opening for our website)
YOURS TRULY, AKADEMIROMMET